ABOUT THE FACULTY
As of the issuance of Government’s Regulation number 07 year 1961, Diponegoro Universiry was officially established as a State University in 15 of October 1960 (it is to be declared as official establishment date of the faculty). At its commencement, the university was made up of the following faculties:
- Faculty of Law and Social Sciences, divided into two divisions:
- Division of Law
- Division of Social and Political Sciences
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Engineering
- Faculty of Teaching and Education (whose offices were situated in Semarang and Surakarta)
Before its establishment as an independent faculty of Diponegoro Unversity, the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences had run as long as 12 (twelve) years of office since its founding.
In fact, the establishment of Social and Political Sciences Division as an independent faculty had been projected since the early commencement of the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences (FHPM) in Semarang University, on the 1st of March 1957, according to the Government’s Regulation Number 7 year 1961 dated on 21st of March 1961 regarding the Establishment of Diponegoro University of Semarang, in which Academy of Public Administration was registered under the Division of Social and Political Sciences within the Faculty of Law and Social Sciences.
Efforts had been made to establish an independent faculty of social and political sciences since 1962 with the assignation of the “Arrangement Committee of the Establishment of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences of Diponegoro University”, according to Presidential Official’s Decree of Diponegoro University Number 28/c dated on 6th of January1962, with the following committee members:
|Chairman||: Drs. Sukardjan Hadisutikno|
|Secretary||: Drs. Fajar|
|Members||: (1) Drs. Hartoyo, (2) M. Marsono|
In its development, more comprehensive recommendation and ideas were critical to accelerate the establishment of the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences. For that reason, a Decree of Rectorate Official of Diponegoro University Number 41/Skpt/SKJ/1968 dated 18th of August 1968 was issued. It concerned the addition of the members of the arrangement committee as follows:
|Chairman||:||Drs. Sukardjan Hadisutikno|
|Members||:||(1) Drs. Hartoyo, (2) M. Marsono, (3) Drs. Soetomodradjat, (4) Dr. Kuncoro Hadi, (5) Satjipto Rahardjo, SH.|
Finally, the vision of an independent faculty of social and political science was achieved by the issuance of the Decree of General Director of Higher Education Number 116 dated 9th of December 1968 regarding the division of Faculty of Law and Social Sciences as the following:
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Social and Political Sciences as per 1st of January 1969 the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences was established with 3 registered majors: Public Administration, Governance, Communication, and in addition Trade Administration was registered in 1970.
According to the Decree of the Rector of Diponegoro University Number 08/SKPT09/1983 dated 6th of January 1983, the institutional name of the faculty was officially shifted to the Faculty of Social and Political Sciences (FISIP) with the following registered departments/study programs:
- Department of Administration Studies:
- Program of Public Administration
- Program of Trade Department
- Department of Governance Studies
- Department of Communication Studies
- General Basic Courses
In response to public demand for equality in education and learning opportunities, the following policies were undertaken:
- According to the Decree of the Rector Number 280/SK/PT07/1993 dated 27th of October 1993 to open second regular program of the following studies: Public Administration, Trade Administration, Governance, and Communication.
- According to the General Director of Higher Education number 234/DIKTI/Kep/1997 dated 5th of August 1997 regarding the establishment of Diploma Program of Communication Studies;
- According to the permit of General Director of Higher Education number 1818/D/T/2001 dated 29th of May 2001 to administer Diploma Program of Land Studies and Municipal Finance;
- According to the permit of General Director of Higher Education number 2361/D/T/201 dated 11th of July 2001 to administer Diploma Program of Marketing;
- According to the permit of General Director of Higher Education number 3146/D/T/2005 dated 28th of September 2005 to administer Diploma Program of Secretary and Office Administration
- According to the Decree of Ministry of National Education number 285/E/O/2011 dated 9th of December 2011 to administer Study Program of International Relations.
As the faculty developed, post-graduate programs were integrated into the administration according to the Decree of the Rector of Diponegoro University number 609 year 2011. By 2014 the faculty administered the following post-graduate programs:
- Master of Administration
- Master of Politics
- Master of Communication
- Doctorate of Public Administration
- Doctorate of Social Sciences
“By 2020 to become the leading research institution in Social and Political Sciences.”
- To administer education that produces excellent and competitive graduates in national and international level
- To conduct researches that produces excellent works
- To implement and develop sciences and technology through community services
- To expand national and international network in the aspects of education, research and community services
- To advance good faculty governance under the principles of fairness, openness, togetherness and responsibility.
Over the period of 2015-2019, the faculty is to achieve the following specific objectives:
- To produce graduates with the qualities of academic capabilities, professionalism, strong character, working adaptability, criticality, creativity in innovation and entrepreneurship;
- To produce research-based works that are reliable, patented, and published through national and international scientific journals and media;
- To empower the society through local wisdom and science- and technology-based community services.